A 24 inches bike, as the name is a bike that has wheels of a diameter of 24 inches, thus giving it the name. These bikes are smaller versions of full-sized bikes. They have hand brakes, gears, front suspension, and seating posture very similar to mountain bikes. It is meant for riders who are too small for bigger bikes.
24-inch bicycles are designed especially for the needs of shorter female riders. The 24-inch bike is lightweight and comes with an easy step-through frame which makes it easier to hop on and off of your bike. There’s also enough room between the saddle and handlebars so you don’t feel cramped or uncomfortable while biking.
- 1 Key features of 24-inch bikes
- 2 Top 24 inch cruiser bikes for women and girls
- 3 24-inch Bikes FAQ
- 4 Conclusion
Key features of 24-inch bikes
Certain features are specifically designed in bikes for shorter women, and it’s important to have prior knowledge of them. Before purchasing, make sure to check all the specs and, if possible, take the bike for a test drive.
- Body – The body of most bikes for shorter women is made of lightweight aluminum material. This way, the petite rider can handle and carry the bike easily.
- Frame design – The bike’s frame design is created to make mounting easy. Also, the bike has smaller tires for better maneuvering and control.
- Seat-paddle distance – The distance between the paddle and seat is kept small so that the riders can easily reach the paddle.
- Seat-handle distance – Similarly, the seat and handle distance is also kept to a minimum. This is to ensure that no back or neck problems are created while trying to reach the handles.
- Seat – The seat is properly cushioned for comfort, especially if it is perched on top of the seat further from the paddle.
All these features have a common goal: to provide a bike that is comfortable to ride so they can enjoy their time cruising around.
Top 24 inch cruiser bikes for women and girls
These bikes are easy to ride, stable, and significant for casual rides and vacations. They are designed to be ridden on paved roads mostly. So they are great for taking on journeys around the neighborhood and in the towns. Given below is a list of the top 24-inch cruiser bikes for women and girls:
If you want a bike that performances well and embraces practicality and simplicity, this steel frame sixthreezero Around the Block Cruiser is the best option. This bike is best to cruise through beaches and city streets.
The bike’s design and style are so versatile that it suits both the older and younger female crowd. It features an upright riding design and sweeping cruiser handlebars, allowing riders of 4’2” to 4’11” to cruise with style, comfort, enjoyment, and convenience.
This single-speed bike has a reverse braking mechanism for easy stopping. It comes in many colors for you to choose from.
- Classic, curvy Women's beach cruiser bicycle with 14-inch durable steel frame; ideal for casual, comfortable riding around the neighborhood
- Upright riding style keeps your back and shoulders comfortable; dual-spring saddle and wide cruiser handlebar with foam grips
Last update on 2022-01-24 at 09:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 24-inch wheels with large waffle tread tire.
- Rigid type suspension.
- Durable steel frame.
- Coaster style brakes.
- Dual spring saddle.
- Wide cruiser handlebar with high-density foam grip.
- Single-speed system.
- Additional rear rack and chain-guard.
- Details like high-density foam grip on wide handlebars, upright riding style design, and dual-spring seat provide back, tailbone, and shoulder comfort.
- The wheels’ tread tires help plane out the bumps and depressions of the road.
- The coaster braking system employing backward pedaling allows effortless halting.
- The bike includes a rear rack for use with optimal baskets.
- The single-speed feature makes it perfect for cruising on flat terrains.
- Arduous assembly.
- Comes with faulty packaging.
- No handbrakes.
This bike, designed for comfort, style, and convenience, offers everything that you need and even more so. It has several features to ensure a smooth ride, catering primarily to individuals within the height range of 4’8” to 5’8”.
- Frame: steel cruiser frame in mint Handlebars: cruiser handlebar with double comfort 2-tone grips for improved handling
- Fenders: mint Seat: padded spring bike saddle with embroidery Brakes: easy to use coaster brakes
Last update on 2022-01-24 at 05:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The bike’s design and color offer a very classy look. Apart from its retro look, it also exceeds performance expectations. The center of gravity is low, and it effectively absorbs the shocks. The handle and seat position is perfect for a comfortable seating position.
The upright sitting posture helps in reducing any kind of back discomfort. The bike parts have matching looks, and it also has a basket, cup holder, and a rear rack.
- Perfect steel fit frame.
- Coaster-style brakes.
- Adjustable padded seat designed a little further back with a lower center of gravity.
- Raised handlebar.
- Front basket, rear rack, and a beverage holder.
- 24-inch wheels.
- The perfect fit Frame enhances comfort and confidence during the ride.
- The bike allows height adjustment of the seat so that both of the rider’s feet touch the ground flat-footed.
- The raised handlebars allow an upright riding posture.
- The saddle is further back to permit the rider’s leg extension while pedaling, reducing strain on the neck, leg, hands, and back.
- The additional storage space adds to a convenient and comfortable ride.
- Difficult assembly.
- Brakes do not function properly.
The Kulana Lakona is one of the best ones ever made for sports and outdoor activities. The cruiser is easy to handle and maintain on account of its single-speed drivetrain. Equipped with a powerful rear coaster pedal brake, it offers a dominant and intuitive stopping power.
- Durable steel cruiser frame is perfect for the beach or around the neighborhood. Fits riders 4’0” to 5’0” tall.
- Single speed drivetrain is easy to use and maintain.
Last update on 2022-01-24 at 18:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The four-to five-feet tall height accommodation allows riders of varying heights to use the bike. They can even adjust the saddle to find the most comfortable position. It is a considerably and comparatively great bike for beginners.
It has a colossal number of fenders that protect the rider from all sorts of splashes and dust. Thus, the bike allows you to travel and go for a ride even in the rain and dusty weather.
The cruiser bike has a rear wooden rack that adds to the storage feature and space. With its extra-large saddle and EasyReach handlebar, it permits a comfortable ride with an upright riding position.
- A single speed cruiser bike for youth and adult
- Lightweight steel frame
- Coaster-style braking
- Extra-large saddle & EasyReach handlebar
- A colossal number of fenders
- Classy beachy vintage style
- Cheap and affordable
- four- to five-feet tall height accommodation
- The saddle and storage box
- It has no brakes on the handlebar
This bike is available in different color variants, and you will also get the choose the 24-inch bike according to your needs, which is a great thing. It is loaded with accessories that make it stand out in the crowd. To begin with, it comes with a beverage holder and a bottle opener. It also features a wicker basket that looks elegant. Moreover, it features a rear rack that can come to use in several situations.
- You can almost hear the ocean waves when you see this easy, breezy Panama Jack women's cruiser; ideal for ages 12-19 and a rider height of 58-70 inches; Huffy's Perfect Fit frame makes this the most comfortable bike you'll ever ride
- The Perfect Fit frame's design delivers more comfort for more fun and a better ride; it places the seat farther back with a lower center of gravity; the swept-back handlebars enable a more upright, comfortable riding position with full leg extension
Last update on 2022-01-24 at 18:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The brakes deliver smooth stopping power, so you will have a safe riding experience. It is designed to offer comfort to riders, so you are unlikely to face any issues in this field. The build quality of the bike is also amazing, and it will last for a long time.
Another great thing about it is that the frame is backed by a 10-year limited warranty, so you can rely on it. Some people may find its price tag unappealing; however, if we look at the overall performance of the bike, it is worth the investment.
- Features a beverage holder
- Available in different color and size variants
- Fantastic design
- Amazing build quality
- Fairly expensive
This bike is comfortable, stylish and perfect for a casual, relaxing ride.it has a classic look, and the manufacturers provide a great warranty.
- Schwinn steel step-thru cruiser frame and fork offers a comfortable riding position that's easy on your back
- Single-speed drivetrain for simple riding and easy maintenance
Last update on 2022-01-24 at 17:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- It is a single-speed bike.
- It has a rear coaster brake for intuitive stopping.
- It has 24-inch wheels.
- It has a padded cruiser saddle.
- It has full wrap fenders to keep the rider dry.
- It also has a convenient rack to carry the user’s belongings.
- It provides a very comfortable ride to the rider that is accessible on the back.
- It is stylish and classic looking.
- There might be issues with the fenders.
24-inch Bikes FAQ
Can a woman ride a bike of 24 inches?
While buying a bike, it is very important to keep in mind the person’s size for whom it is being bought. Whether or not a woman can ride a bike of the size depends on her height and weight. If a woman has the appropriate weight to carry the bike. If she can do so, the bike will be the right one for her. Another thing that has to be kept in mind is that the woman’s height is also important along with the weight.
For a bike that is 24 inches large, the woman riding it should be 5 feet and 4 inches tall or less than that. Any woman of this height or less will easily be able to ride a bike of this size. This is exactly the right frame to have for riding a bike of this size.
There are several reasons why a woman of such specifications will find it easy to ride such a bike. Firstly, having the correct height for a bike is essential. If you are not tall enough, the bike will not fit between your legs. This will provide problems for you as you will not be comfortable while riding it. However, if you are tall enough, your legs will be long enough to reach the bike’s pedals, allowing you to ride the bike comfortably.
So, if the woman in question does not have the correct height for the bike of 24 inches, her feet will not reach the pedals of the bike or the ground, and she will not be able to peddle it. She will have to get a smaller bike with a smaller frame and one that will be better suited for her size.
How big is a size 24 bike?
In the early days when bikes were not very popular, there were not many sizes or types of bikes available, and you did not have many options to choose from. However, now we have a lot of varieties of bikes available for various purposes. There are regular bikes, mountain bikes, bikes for children and adults, and so on.
Therefore, finding the right bike for you depends on which purpose you need it for and which size suits you the best. There are multiple sizes of bikes available, and it can be hard to find the size that is right for you. Every kind of bike, be it for the road, the mountains, or an electric bike, needs to be the right size for you. If it is bigger or smaller than what you need, the bike will not be comfortable for you, and you will not be able to experience the joy of riding it.
A bike 24 inches in size would mean that its frame is sized 24 inches. The size of their frames measures bikes made for adults. However, the size of a bike for kids is typically measured by the size of its wheels. As it is understandable, the height of a bike depends majorly on the height of its wheels. Thus, a bike of 24 inches means that it has a wheel that is 24 inches big in diameter. A bike with a 24 inches big wheel will mean that its diameter is about 507 mm to 547 mm in size. 540 mm is a commonly manufactured and sold size.
So for riding such a bike, the rider would have to be approximately 130 to 150 cm tall. Thus, a bike of 24 inches is not very big and can be ridden by those who have a short height. A bike with 24 inch big wheels is usually manufactured in two sizes of frames. They are available in either 12 inches sized frames or 14 inches sized frames.
What age is a bike of 24 inches for?
A bike that is of a size of 24 inches is measured because the wheels of the bike are 24 inches in height. Such a bike is made for children and for women who have a shorter height. Five feet and 4 inches is the maximum height that is recommended for this bike.
Anyone 5 feet and 4 inches tall or under it is perfect for riding a 24-inch bike for women and girls. The reason behind this is that the frame height should accommodate the person’s height. If this is the case, their legs will find it easy to pedal and move ahead easily without putting in much effort. Whenever you stand over the frame, you can ride it if your feet touch the ground. The bike is not suitable for your height if this is not the case. You will want a bike that is smaller and has a large frame.
Now, for comfortably riding a bike with a 24 inch sized wheel, the rider has to be in the height range of approximately 130 cm to 150 cm. In other words, the child should be about four and a half to 5 feet tall. Such a height is usually seen in children in the age group of 10 to 12 years old. Thus, a size 24 bike can be ridden by children 10 to 12 years of age. It can also be ridden by adult women who are short and do not feel comfortable while riding an adult bike as their legs do not reach the pedal or the ground.
How tall should a girl be for a bike of 24 inches?
24 inches is the measurement for the wheels of a bike because the wheels are 24 inches tall. Generally, these bikes are designed for children or women who are shorter in height. According to the manufacturer, these bikes are suitable for riders at most 5 feet and 4 inches tall. For women and young girls, the 24-inch bike works well for anyone five feet four inches tall or shorter.
To accommodate the rider’s height, the frame height should be adjusted according to the rider’s height. If this is the case, their legs will find it easy to pedal and move ahead easily without putting in much effort. Whenever you stand over the frame, you can ride it if your feet touch the ground. A bike that is not sized according to your height is not suitable for you. The bike you need should be smaller and have a large frame.
Now, for comfortably riding a bike with a 24 inch sized wheel, the rider has to be in the height range of approximately 130 cm to 150 cm. In other words, the girl should be about four and a half to 5 feet tall. Typically, children between the ages of 10 and 12 are tall enough to reach such an impressive height. The bike size 24 is therefore appropriate for children 10 to 12 years old. In addition to adults with short heights who find that they cannot comfortably ride an adult bike as their legs cannot reach the pedal or the ground, this bike can also be ridden by women who have short legs.
Riding a mountain bike through a nature trail is good when you want to unwind stress and get some exercise done. Currently, many good brands are making exclusive women mountain bikes, taking into consideration the changes in anatomy. 24-inch wheels bikes will provide you with a comfortable and thrilling and exhilarating ride that will help you gain many great experiences. So get yourself a mountain bike that fits you properly, or else you might not enjoy using it.