Road cycling is a perfect way of relaxing your mind especially when you are stressed up. Allowing your mind to unwind as you explore the beauty of nature leaves a spectacular memory in your mind.
No bike does this better than a road bike. A woman’s road bike features an altered frame geometry in such a way that it shortens the handlebars and offers a smaller wheelbase. Also included in these bikes are uniquely designed contact points.
There are various features that you need to consider before selecting that perfect road bike. If you are a new buyer, these specifications can be quite a challenge. That’s why we have taken the task of looking for the top five women road bikes that you will find quite interesting.
- 1 Top Women’s Road Bike Reviews
- 1.1 1. Schwinn Phocus Drop Bar Women’s Road Bicycle
- 1.2 2. Sixthreezero Pave N' Trail Women's 7-Speed Hybrid Road Bike
- 1.3 3. Tommaso Forcella Endurance Aluminum Road Bike
- 1.4 4. Schwinn Vantage Mens/Womens Hybrid Road Bike Review
- 1.5 5. Kent Pomona Women's Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
- 1.6 6. Schwinn Fastback 2 Adult Performance Road Bike
- 1.7 7. Giordano Libero Womens Road Bike
- 1.8 8. Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminum Road Bike
- 1.9 9. Sixthreezero Ride in The Park Women's Touring City Road Bicycle
- 1.10 10. Tommaso Imola Endurance Aluminum Road Bike
- 2 Why Choose A Woman’s Road Bike?
- 3 Choosing the Right Road Bike Size
- 4 Conclusion
Top Women’s Road Bike Reviews
As one of the most identified names in the cycling industry, Schwinn offers the latest brand of its women road bikes. And like all its brand, the Schwinn Phocus Drop Bar Road Bicycle does not disappoint.
- Schwinn aluminum road frame with Carbon fiber fork for Quick agile riding
- Shimano 16 speed drivetrain with Micro shift integrated brake levers for smooth, fast gear changes
Last update on 2021-05-12 at 22:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
While you don’t expect this bike to be flashy, other things attract you to it. Its design is such that it allows for shot arms and legs while offering a feeling of lightweight to the rider.
However, it is true that this bike is lightweight as its total weight is 26lbs. You, therefore, don’t have to worry about the bulkiness associated with most road bikes. The availability of Shimano Acera rear derailleur offers you an easy and fast way of shifting gears and accelerating your bike.
Unlike other bikes, this brand offers a dual-pivotal brake style allowing you an easy way of controlling your bike. With reliable wheels having aerodynamic spokes while the rare wheels having extra spoke for support purpose while bending, this bike is in a class of its own.
- Quick and easy shifting components allows great road hill climbing ability
- Accurate Acera rear derailleur
- Quick adjustment of the seat post
- Durable and a lightweight bike
- You can use it on different road terrains and surfaces
- Low-quality pedal straps
- It has a limitation to the size
- The switch does not have a gear indicator
An iconic bicycle considers as the epitome of modern cycling, Pave N’ Trail features a supreme structural design intended to give you maximum performance both on packed trails and paved roads.
- Sleek, 21-speed hybrid bike designed for maximum body comfort while riding on pavement and hard-packed trails
- Vibrazorb front suspension reduces vibration and shock on bumpy terrain; reliable Shimano gearing for speeds up to 30 MPH (and rides up to 30 miles)
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 03:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It comes with a Vibrazord Front Suspension tuning fork and 1.75 inch wide anti-slippery tires complete with rugged threads which ensure improved surface traction and a smooth springy ride especially when tackling bumpy terrains.
An incredibly versatile model and a perfect option for off-road cruising, this women’s bike has uniquely thick wide tires that give you a smooth rolling effect and proper momentum conservation eventually enabling riders to effortlessly hit top speeds of more than 30m/h.
Unlike other hybrid models, with the Pave N’ Trail, the gear mechanism is accurately orchestrated to reduce drag when shifting gears thus ensuring proper conservation of momentum.
Loaded with a 17″classic lightweight frame, this sleek bike weighs just only 33.5 pounds and measures 69″ by 44.5″ by 23.5″ ultimately offering you a light convenient machine. In addition to that, it features a vintage brown saddle and grips.
- Seatpost suspension for improved hip and back support
- Rear luggage carrier
- A low swooping aluminum frame for easy mounting
- The front fork suspension system can be turned on and off at will
- Rugged hybrid wheels for better traction
- Seamless gear shifters
- Lacks fenders
- The suspension can be uncomfortably springy
The main feature of the bike is its durability and sturdiness despite the property of being light in weight. This is accredited to the use of aluminium and carbon, which is done very correctly in the frame and fork of this bike.
The frame has a geometry that exudes comfort and lessens the stress of riding on the arms, back and wrists of the rider considerably. The saddle is soft and gives a comfortable seating arrangement. Also, its position is such that it supports the geometry of the bike.
- DURABLE & RELIABLE: Lightweight Aluminum Compact Frame combined with a HCT Carbon Fork for added vibration dampening and weight savings, backed up with our industry leading Lifetime Frame & Fork Warranty. Frame is drilled for all varieties of racks and fenders, making the Forcella a great commuter
- POWERFUL PEFORMANCE & SPEED: 3x8 Shimano Claris Groupset, featuring a 30/39/50T Claris crankset and 12x25T Claris cassette. Perfect for varying terrain, from flats to hills, offering a wide range of gears for all levels of riders in all conditions
Last update on 2021-05-12 at 18:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The suspension mechanism of the bike is recognizable thanks to the perfect use of a carbon fork. It is lightweight but never fails to deliver the best result when required. The vibrations and shocks due to the uneven road surfaces are effectively absorbed by the fork, making the ride a super comfortable and safe one.
The acceleration and braking system forms the soul of any vehicle. And so is the case with the Tommaso Forcella Endurance Aluminum Road Bike. The Shimano Claris STI gear shifters play a huge role in simplifying the process of gear changing. They enable optimum increase or decrease in the speed of the bike as desired by the rider.
Also, as far as the safety of a motorcycle is concerned, the first thing which strikes our minds is the braking system. In this bike, there are rim brakes which can be applied effectively for an immediate stoppage. This enhances the safety and the control of the rider over the bike manifolds.
- A lightweight frame made from aluminium and a fork made from carbon
- Powerful performance and speed
- Precise gear shifting mechanism
- Added comfort and ease in riding
- A lifetime warranty
- This bike cannot be used extensively for off-road adventure.
The Schwinn Vantage Men’s/Women’s Hybrid Road Bike is one of its kind as it is one of the best intermediates between a road bike and a mountain bike. Men can use some of its designs while some can be used by women equally effectively. The bike has some peculiar features of a high-performance mountain bike wrapped in a silhouette of a comfortable and easily usable road bike.
- Designed for beginner to intermediate riders who want to start pushing themselves further and faster than they ever have before. Suggested rider height range for the Vantage F3 is 5' 7" - 5' 10"
- Schwinn Smooth Ride Technology frame features an elastomer soft tail suspension that provides optimal comfort wherever your adventure takes you
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 00:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This bike has an elastomer soft tail suspension which is in the form of a fork made from carbon. This prevents the shocks and jolts of the road from hitting the rider. The Shimano Sora 18-speed drivetrain is the mechanism deployed. This ensures comfortable gear shifting without any fuss and hassle. The rider can stay assured that the speeds can be controlled and changed easily according to the need of the rider.
The tires of the Schwinn Vantage Men’s/Women’s Hybrid Road Bike are Continental sport contact II 35C tires. These tires have alloyed rims which impart durability and resilience. Also, there is the safety breaker flat protection mounted on the rims. They give confidence and assurance of safety while riding.
Concerning the Schwinn Vantage Men’s/Women’s Hybrid Road Bike, there are four styles. They are Vantage Rx 2, Vantage F3, Vantage Rx 1 and Vantage F2. These styles have some minor differences which can cater well to individual expectations. Also, there are as many as eight size variations available.
- Sturdy and durable frame
- The elastomer soft tail suspension with a carbon fork
- Shimano Sora 18-speed drivetrain
- Smooth and stable Continental sport contact II 35C tires
- TRP Spyre C mechanical disc brakes ensure immediate stoppage
- This bike does not have luxurious storage options for riding gears and other stuff to be carried
Living up to its name is what Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual-Suspension Comfort Bike offers by giving you the comfort of a road bike. It is an ideal bike for riding short distances like riding to shopping malls or around the neighborhood.
- 26 inch 36 Spoke Alloy Rims with Custom-Design Cruiser Tires
- Aluminum Frame , Will fit riders from 5.3 feet to 6 feet
Last update on 2021-05-12 at 23:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It features a kickstand that allows you to park easily as opposed to leaning it on the wall. A frequent problem that most road bikes tend to have is when it comes to riding the bike on bumps. The effects of the bumps tend to make most of us shy off riding.
However, with the Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual-Suspension Comfort Bike you will always look forward to road cycling. This is because it comes with a dual suspension frame that absorbs the bump shocks giving you a smooth ride regardless of the road surface.
Adjustable seat clamp, handlebars, and saddle give you the freedom of adjusting the bike’s height depending on your height requirements. Therefore, you can use this bike regardless of your height or weight.
- The quick and easy assembling procedure
- The braking system is highly accurate and responsive
- The saddles and handlebars are adjustable ensuring you comfortably enjoy your ride
- The tires are customized having cruiser design features
- The dual suspension provides excellent shock absorption capabilities giving you exceptional comfort
- The bike colors quickly pee off
- Assembling the bike is somehow complex due to the complex instruction on the manual
The Schwinn Fastback beginner road bike series is designed to perfection to cater to the off-roading, long journey requirements of the rider. The bikes come in several different size and style variants that riders can choose from. It also features several useful specifications which makes it a very reliable and smooth ride.
- Discover the perfect balance of speed and performance with the Schwinn Fastback 2 Road Bike. A Schwinn N LITENED Gold triple-butted aluminum road frame and Schwinn carbon race fork provide a fast, agile ride for fitness-focused riders.
- The 18-speed Shimano Sora drivetrain with Shimano Sora shifters and an alloy FSA Vero compact crank deliver optimal gearing performance.
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 01:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The bike comes with an aluminium-built frame which allows fitness-focused riders a fast, smooth, and agile ride. This makes the Schwinn Fastback road bike series highly damage-resistant. It is also rust-free, keeping your bike safe from corrosion.
There is an 18 speed Shimano Sora drivetrain that allows precise gear shifting and speed control for riders. The Shimano Sora drivetrain offers a stable, reliable ride and the 18-speed feature helps bikers explore and push their limits far and wide.
The Schwinn alloy calliper brakes both at the front and rear end of the bicycle is a feature that allows the riders to remain in control of the speed of the bike. Plus, a 28-millimetre tyres clearance alongside a rack and fender mounts provide users extra carrying capacity and dirt protection. It makes the bike safer and more versatile to take on a ride along the open road.
- Available in different sizes to suit riders of all heights.
- The lightweight 18-speed design allows for a smooth, speed-controlled ride for the users.
- The body of the cycle easily fits in with the shape of the rider
- The front and rear alloy brakes help in stopping the bicycle in the exact spot as desired by the rider
- The bike does not have a carrier basket which makes it difficult to store things for long rides.
- The bike may seem overpriced for some of the customers when compared with the attributes it is offering.
The Giordano Libero Women’s Road Bike is an ode to all the women out there who love to go biking and explore the city or commute within it.
- Lightweight hand crafted 6061 aluminum frame
- 1 1/8" Threadless Alloy 100mm stem
Last update on 2021-05-12 at 23:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The material of the frame in this bike is aluminium. This gives resilience and sturdiness to the frame. Also, owing to the no-rust property of this metal, it is safe to use this bike in all weather conditions, be it monsoons or moist conditions. There are the least wear and tear of this material paving the way for the least need for maintenance.
The lightweight property of this bike makes pedalling very much more accessible. The momentum of the bike can be easily increased and maintained at that high notch quite effortlessly.
The mechanism for controlling the bike’s speed is comprised of the 16-speed Shimano Claris STI Shifters and rear derailleur.The gears can be changed as swiftly as twisting the handle. This ensures smooth changes in speed and full control of the rider over the acceleration system.
There are two bottle holders attached to both sides of the handle on the Giordano Libero. The water bottle mounts have provision for keeping them tightly fastened in a secured position. This is of great help while going on a bike ride.
- Lightweight 6061 aluminium frame
- beautiful pink/white colour
- 16 speed shifters
- Dual water bottle mounts
- Cannot be used for off-road adventures
The comfort, passion and innovation included in this Tommaso Monza bike are at par excellence. It is one of its kind and gives people the greatest happiness of biking.
- DURABLE & RELIABLE: Lightweight Aluminum Compact Frame combined with a HCT Carbon Fork for added vibration dampening and weight savings, backed up with our industry leading Lifetime Frame & Fork Warranty. Frame is drilled for all varieties of racks and fenders, making the Monza a versatile bike perfect for long rides or commutes.
- POWERFUL PEFORMANCE & SPEED: 2x10 Shimano Tiagra Groupset, featuring a 50/34T Tiagra compact crankset and 11x32T Tiagra cassette for a huge range of speeds, allowing riders to easily conquer anything the road throws at them
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 01:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The comfort of the rider is of the utmost importance in the Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminum Road Bike. The frame of the bike is made from aluminium. It is lightweight and has a nice and sophisticated look. Also, the size of the frame is compact and can fit into the storage of a car. The handlebar is also compact and has a better effect on the ergonomic well-being of the rider. The efficiency of this bike is remarkable. The HCT carbon fork works towards dampening the shocks and vibrations of the uneven road surfaces.
The gear shifting mechanism of this bike is simply stunning. The speed changing mechanism has many components like 2×10 Shimano Tiagra Groupset, with a 50/34T Tiagra compact crankset and a 11x32T Tiagra cassette. It has a massive set of speeds which can be changed smoothly. The Shimano Tiagra STI gear shifters help in a great way to shift gears at lightning speed.
The Tommaso Monza Endurance Aluminum Road Bike has a provision of mounting the carriers and racks for carrying these stuff. Also, one can put up a basket on the front side of the bike.
- Lightweight aluminium compact frame
- Exact and prompt Shimano Tiagra STI gear shifters
- Optimized fit for added comfort
- HCT carbon fork makes for a smooth and pleasant ride
- The assembly is not possible to be done at home.
Sixthreezero road comes in a swooping design offering you maximum comfort as you enjoy your road ride. The design of this bike puts into consideration the weight through the use of aluminum that is lightweight and a step-through frame. You do not have to worry about a bumpy and uncomfortable ride. The availability of a double -walled rim ensures you always have a smooth ride.
- Classic 21-speed Women's city cruiser bike with low swooping, lightweight aluminum frame for easy step-through entry
- 21-Speed Shimano Tourney derailleur and friction shifters for tackling uphill climbs and long distances; front and rear handbrakes
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 04:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The cushioning and wrapping of these handles are another great feature of the sixthreezero bike as they give the ride a cozy touch. Stitching of the leather is of top-notch quality giving the bike a classic appearance while leaving your hands sweat-free.
The symmetry of the seat and the handlebar allows you to ride while in an upright position while your head is up. With this bike, you will always enjoy your ride while you marvel with the scenery.
- The quick and easy assembling procedure
- Available in different attractive colors gives the rider a more comprehensive range to pick
- Ideal for cycling at all levels
- Not ideal if you are cycling on heavy off the road.
The Tommaso Imola Endurance Aluminum Road Bike is indeed built to last. It can be used easily by those who are beginners or who have ridden a bike in many years and have lost touch with biking. It is also apt for those who are regular bikers.
- YOU DON’T NEED TO SPEND MORE: Because Tommaso is a direct to the consumer brand you can now get a bike with 100% Shimano gears, super lightweight aluminum frame, and lightweight wheels for an amazing value. Tommaso gives you value like no other brand. We provide a lifetime frame warranty and great service through our U.S. based customer service team.
- THE IMOLA IS AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE, NOT ENTRY LEVEL: If you are just getting into cycling or returning after a long hiatus, this is your bike. New and returning cyclists don’t need “beginner bikes”, that won’t meet your needs or last. You deserve affordable performance! The Imola embodies the idea of affordable performance with a full Shimano groupset you hope is on bikes costing $100’s more. Compare the Imola’s specs with any bike, and you will see the difference between us and the competition
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 05:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The frame of the Tommaso Imola Endurance Aluminum Road Bike is made from aluminium. This metal has terrific properties of being light in weight and stunningly durable.The wheels of this bike have a larger wheelbase with wider 25mm, 700c road bike tires, which helps increase the level of control on the bike movement and gives a safer ride.
In the Tommaso Imola Endurance Aluminum Road Bike, you can rest assured that you would get the best of gear shifting systems. This system has many components which come from trusted brands. It has the derailleur, shifters, crank and the all-new Shimano Claris R2000. The geometry of this bike is compact, and the frame is lightweight. The handlebar has a shallow drop, which reduces the stress on the rider’s back, arms, and wrists. No one desires a painful ride.
The components which come from Shimano have a warranty of two years while the aluminium frame has a lifetime warranty. It is a great advantage to buyers.
- Built to last
- New Shimano Claris R2000
- Wider 25mm, 700c road bike tires
- Compact frame geometry
- A lifetime frame warranty
- The fork of this bike is made from steel which is heavier than aluminium and carbon
Why Choose A Woman’s Road Bike?
There are several answers to this question. First, a woman’s road bicyles is the perfect feministic bike that every woman should have. From the colors to the weight and even the crank arms, everything in these road bikes gives them a feminist outlook. The bikes are designed to offer comfort and speed as you enjoy your road ride.
Besides, the symmetry of the frame and the seat allows for an upright sitting position to the rider thereby offering a smooth control of the bike. If there is one thing that disturbs riders is when it comes to parking. Most riders park their bicycles by leaning them on the wall.
However, most women’s road bikes have a kickstand that you can use to park your bike without leaning it on the wall comfortably.
Women’s road bikes features
Most women’s road bikes have the same features. However, there are slight variations that you need to look out for when purchasing your road bike.
The advantage of looking out for your specifications is that there are manufacturers who can alter the specifications to meet your needs. Here is a look at the features you should expect in women’s road bikes.
- Aluminum frame
Aluminum frames are the frequent frames available for most road bikes. These frames are lightweight thus increasing the speed of road bikes.
- Narrow tires
Road bikes are designed to offer speed. Every aspect of the bike is designed to increase the speed including wheels. Narrow wheels facilitate paddling thereby increasing the bike’s speed.
Most road bikes’ have curled handlebars which allows the rider to lean forward. This aids in accelerating the speed of the bike. In some instances, the handlebars of road bikes have a leather strap which helps in minimizing sweat on your hands.
Most women road bikes have comfortable saddles consisting of springs which ensures a smooth and comfortable riding experience.
Choosing the Right Road Bike Size
When it’s time to buy a new bike, there’s a lot of factors that you need to decide on so you can be sure to spend your money wisely. It’s not just a matter of choosing the design, you also need to be comfortable, to have the right bike for what you’re going to be doing, and have the right size so it fits you well.
Road Bike Size Chart
(Feet & inches)
Frame Size (cm)
|4′ 10″ – 5′ 1″||147 – 155||XXS||44 – 46 cm|
|5′ 1″ – 5′ 3″||155 – 160||XS||47 – 49 cm|
|5′ 3″ – 5′ 5″||160 – 165||S||50 – 52 cm|
|5′ 5″ – 5′ 8″||165 – 172||M||53 – 55 cm|
|5′ 8″ – 5′ 10″||172 – 180||L||55 – 57 cm|
The various brands and models out there all offer many different options like that, and it’s up to you to find the right one, as long as you know what to look for. In the case of road bikes, for example, the most critical part is finding the size that fits you best. Here’s four things you should know about choosing the correct road bike size for you and your needs.
First, the frame itself is often the bike measurement that’s advertise. This is the overall height of the bike, and will determine whether you’re sitting comfortably when you’re riding it around. To get the right size for you, there’s two measurements you need to take. The first is your inseam, while the second is simply your height. Any good bike shop will be able to tell you which bike size you need, or you can look at this attached chart as a general guide. This is the first and most important part, because if the frame isn’t the right size, you’ll end up being very uncomfortable, or you won’t be able to ride for as long as you would normally.
While buying online is often the cheapest option, and you can still do that, a good way to find out if a bike is the right size is simply by trying it. Go to a bike store, and try bicycles of the size you think you should get. To know if that size is right for you, try to imagine yourself riding along a road. Ideally you should be slightly crouching forward, and not have any difficulty reaching the pedals. While most shops won’t let you go off to do a test drive, most of them will let you sit on a bike and see if it fits.
Finally, one last thing to remember is that on a good bike, almost everything can be adjusted. The frame itself is set, but the seat, the handle and the pedals can all be switched up or down. This is important, and often a good way to get a more precise calibration is to have an employee at the bike shop adjust it for you. This can also make a big difference on how comfortable you are while riding down the road.
Overall, it’s not hard to find the right bike for you, once you know your own size, and what bike you need. Then, it’s often just a matter of small adjustments to get it to be perfect. Once that’s done, you can look at the available designs, colors, and so on. By focusing on the important things first like size, you avoid being stuck with a bike that doesn’t fit well.
You can now go ahead and purchase a woman’s road bike for the ultimate riding experience. But before that, check to ensure you have you’re the right specifications, and your supplier matches them for you. Moreover, do not forget to ensure you get the assembling manual in some instance as some parts can be hard to put together.
Some manufacturers can customize your road bike depending on your requirements. If you find it challenging to assemble, check with a professional to prevent damages on your road bike. After purchasing your road bike, go ahead and enjoy your cycling experience.