A peloton bike is an indoor bike where you do cycle workouts. The equipment is excellent for health enthusiasts. In addition, it comes with features such as a touch screen display and extremely quiet wheels. Through the HD screen, you can see live video or pre-recorded classes from home.
The bike also is known to weigh heavy, and to move from one place to another would be quite a hassle. However, using a proper method can simplify the shifting process. For instance, you can use the transport wheels at the front to move within the ground level of the house. However, you will need a partner to move the bike upstairs or downstairs.
What factors to consider before moving a peloton bike
Before moving a peloton bike, there are various factors that you need to consider. First, you need to remove the touchscreen as it is the most sensitive part of the bike. And accidental damages tend to happen while moving goods. Therefore, make sure that it is taken off.
Secondly, if you are moving the bike through a transport truck, make sure to remove the pedals. It may look sturdy but can easily break if the cycle happens to fall. In addition, make sure that all the nuts are tightened to avoid any falling. It would also be good if you lower the handlebars and seat to the lowest point.
How to move peloton bike seat forward
Peloton bike comes with the option to adjust the seat. You can either move forward or backward according to your comfort. If you feel like the saddle is too far from the handlebar, then you can move it forward. Here is how you can make the adjustments:
- Peloton bike seat comes with a slider. So, you can move the slider forward or backward. It’s a standard way to adjust the seat. For this, you need to loosen the L-handle and move forward or backward according to it. After the process, tighten the L-handle. However, some people still find it hard to reach the handlebar with this adjustment.
- Now there is a way to make the saddle slide more forward. For this, you need to move the saddle on the clamp.
- First, remove the seat post to adjust it comfortably.
- Now, underneath the saddle, you will see a little distance in front and behind the clamp.
- Now loosen the clamp a bit to push the seat.
- Push the seat, and you will see that it has moved forward.
- Now that it has moved forward tighten the clamp with a 13mm wrench.
How to move peloton bike seat down
If you have an issue reaching the paddle of the Peloton bike, you can lower the seat. Fortunately, this bike comes with the height adjustment handle, also known as L-handle.
- The first step is to loosen the L-handle that can be found next to the seat. It would help if you eased it counterclockwise.
- After it is loosened up, you can lower or raise the seat according to your preferences.
- Now that the seat is adjusted tighten the L-handle clockwise.
How to move peloton bike upstairs
It’s not an easy task to move a peloton bike upstairs. But there are ways to move the bike with less hassle. Now there are two ways to move the bike upstairs. The first method is to disassemble the parts and carry them upstairs. After that, you can set the pieces again. It can be quite a hassle to disassemble and re-assemble the parts. But if you are okay with it, this is one way.
Now the second method is to move it without disassembling. And to do this, you will need a moving harness and a wrapped towel. In addition, you will also need a partner to help you with the process. Here are the steps to move the bike upstairs:
- First, you need to lower the seat and handlebars. Also, make sure to switch off the peloton screen.
- Second, wrap the bike with wrap towels or bubble wrap. Use bungee cords or tape to prevent the towel from falling. This process prevents your bike from getting scratches.
- Third, wear the moving harness. If this is your first time, lift the harness over your head. This way, you will be able to put it without any hassle. The buckle to connect the harness should be at the front. Also, ensure that behind your back, it forms an X shape.
- Fourth, put the strap under the bike. You should see that it’s secured correctly both at the front and back end of the cycle.
- Now both you and your partner can attach the strap to the buckles at the front.
- The final step is to lift the bike carefully. Lift it together with your partner and move upstairs steadily.
How to move peloton bike downstairs
Moving a peloton bike downstairs follows the same method as moving it upstairs. As mentioned earlier in the article, there are two ways to move the bike. The process is the same for both upstairs and downstairs. If you don’t have a partner to help you carry the bike, you can follow the disassembling process.
Here, the process can be quite a hassle. But if you are alone, this is the best option. You need to remove the parts carefully. Fortunately, there is a guidebook to help you with the assembling. Although it’s a hassle, this process is safe and prevents your bike from getting scratches.
And if you have a partner to help with the moving, you can follow the same steps for moving upstairs. With the help of a moving harness, you and your partner can move the bike downstairs without any problem. But make sure that the straps are attached to the bike securely. Also, see that the harness is put in the right way.
Peloton bike is heavy and can be pretty challenging to move constantly. Therefore, it would be better to choose the right place before moving it.