Wearing perfectly fitted shoes makes life easier. Working and walking or even standing becomes difficult if the shoe fit is not right. The same logic also works for cycling. Since legs and feet play the main role in riding a cycle, it needs to be comfortable.
Usually, women with wide feet sometimes find it difficult to find the right size cycling shoes. So, to help resolve this issue, the below information will come in handy. Keep reading to understand the right way of measuring your wide feet and which Shimano wide-width cycling shoes are the best.
Shimano wide width cycling shoes-the ultimate solution for wide feet
Shimano is a known brand when it comes to cycling shoes. So women who are looking to buy wide-fit cycling shoes should try Shimano wide-width cycling shoes. They are lightweight and have the right ventilation to keep the feet cool and comfortable.
Shimano wide-width cycling shoes are the perfect solution to the cycling shoe need among women. The shoes have the proper sole grips that make it easy to cycle through mountain trails and terrains. Also, in terms of sizing, most standard-sized shoes will fit a wide foot, but their wide-fit range is also very roomy.
Top Women’s Shimano wide cycling shoes review
Tommaso Terra 100 is a very good mix of performance and comfort. The shoe has a lugged rubberized sole, and the durable synthetic leather fits the foot snugly. The fiberglass-reinforced sole helps in maximum power transfer when pedaling a mountain bike. With the help of this technology, you can ride the bike longer without using too much energy.
In terms of fit, the shoe has three adjustable hooks and Velcro straps that make it easy to tighten or loosen the fitting. Many may feel Velcro straps are not safe, but their quality is high, so these straps provide maximum security.
- NOT PELOTON COMPATIBLE: Please Note: these shoes DO NOT include cleats, select the SPD bundle option to for pre-installed SPD cleats. By offering our Tommaso products factory direct, we are able to offer a level of quality and value that the competition can’t touch. These shoes are only compatible with 2-bolt cleats and WILL NOT WORK with Look Delta or the Peloton bike.
- INCREASE YOUR PEDALING POWER: Get the most out of every pedal stroke with our fiberglass reinforced sole, which provides optimal stiffness and maximized power transfer. This technology allows you to ride longer and faster using less energy whether you are on the mountain, road or kicking butt in your favorite indoor cycling class.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 08:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Tommaso Terra 100 also comes with customizable climbing spikes. You can remove or attach the climbing spikes based on the traction requirements. With this customizable feature, these cleats can become walking shoes in one moment and MTB shoes in the other. The quality of the shoe is high, making it a long-lasting and reliable product. All these features make it a product which is money’s worth.
It is a good cycling shoe for beginners, as it is comfortable to wear and has all the necessary features. It can also be used for commuting, touring, and spinning alongside mountain biking.
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Increases the pedaling power.
- Has a customizable spike feature.
- Compatible with two-bolt systems like SPD cleats.
- Proper portions of ventilated mesh, keeping the feet cool.
- Does not support 3-bolt compatibility.
- The sizing is different from other shoes, buy carefully.
This indoor cycling shoe was built for comfortable spin classes. It gives the best spin class performance and results. And for the price it is sold at, the shoes have all the needed features and more to make it a quality product in the market.
The Tommaso Pista shoes have both the looks and the performance. It comes with dual cleat compatibility that gives you the liberty to use any pedal system in the spin class. So, it is compatible with both 2-bolt and 3-bolt cleat sets. The manufacturers took extra care with designing these cycling shoes to make them good wide-fit shoes that will provide comfort no matter the speed or length of the pedal.
- FACTORY DIRCET VALUE: By offering our Tommaso products factory direct, we are able to offer a level of quality and value that the competition can’t touch. PLEASE NOTE: these shoes DO NOT include cleats. If you need cleats for indoor cycling class, please select our Pista Indoor Cycling Ready Bundle and select the cleats you need for your indoor cycling class.
- VERSATILITY & COMPATIBILITY: By blending comfort and performance together, we created an amazingly versatile shoe that is perfect for road riding, commuting, touring, and indoor cycling class use. The cleat area is compatible with 2-bolt & 3-bolt cleat sets (cleats not included), offering the perfect platform no matter what pedals you ride.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 08:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
As for the material used, Tommaso Pista uses synthetic leather upper with sufficient padding inside. The low-profile hook and Velcro straps allow snug fitting and complete safety. Also, there is complete ventilation inside the shoe to make it more comfortable even if you decide to wear it throughout the day.
Buying this shoe will be a good decision as it allows the user to exercise the best full-range muscle. It has the technology and design to let you cycle longer and faster using minimum energy.
- Has fiberglass-reinforced sole for maximum power transfer.
- Comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Fall in an affordable price range.
- Breathable to keep the feet cool.
- The outsole provides a high degree of traction when pedaling.
- The sizing can be a problem, is different from other shoes.
- The tongue slips down.
- The overall look can be a bit boring for certain buyers.
- Not compatible with Peloton.
- Cleats are not included.
The search for wide-fit cycling shoes can end with the Tommaso Strada 200. It is a versatile shoe that can be used for spin class, biking, commuter, and fitness riding. When this shoe was designed, the manufacturers made it comfortable to wear even during long hours. The synthetic leather used for the upper body is durable and fits the feet properly. There is also plenty of ventilation mesh on the inside to keep the feet dry and cool, even during hot days.
- PRE-INSTALLED LOOK DELTA CLEATS FOR PELOTON: Tommaso is the only company anywhere that ships shoes with pre-installed cleats, because your time and convenience matters. Everything about the Tommaso Strada was specifically designed to offer riders the best performance, convenience and value possible. We provide everything you need, SHOES, LOOK DELTA CLEATS, & 4MM ALLEN WRENCH.
- GUARANTEED QUALITY & PRECISION FIT: 100% Fit Guarantee, 100% Free Fit Returns, the only LIFETIME MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY in the industry. Please use Size Chart to ensure correct fit. Precision buckle top works in perfect unison with the Velcro straps to offer precision ergonomic fit, adding comfort and security to all of your rides.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 17:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Tommaso Strada 200 is a good cycling shoe for workout purposes as it allows full muscle exercise. These shoes also have better safety with a ratcheting top buckle to lock the heel in place. So, when you pedal or climb, there is no fear of the shoe slipping off. The fiberglass-reinforced sole is also helpful in having a less tiresome spin class, as it provides optimal stiffness and increases the power transfer.
These wide fits are compatible with all cleat types, Peloton included. It comes with LOOK DELTA cleats. This wide range of compatibility allows the user to use any pedal system they want. With this shoe comes comfort and versatility.
- Can be used for different purposes.
- The lock system alongside the Velcro straps adds to extra security.
- As a wide range of compatibility with all cleat types.
- It is a lightweight shoe, making it easy to wear for a longer time.
- Has a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Will need to buy additional cleats separately.
What is considered wide feet for a woman?
If the shoe size you wear seems uncomfortable no matter what shoe you wear, there is a high chance that the shoe size is wrong. And if even in different styled footwear, the feet feel cramped, and you end up getting blisters, then you might have wide feet.
The cause for these wide feet can be genetics, pregnancy, health or aging issues, or even due to some foot deformity. Below few steps are mentioned to properly measure the feet, in case you need wide cycling shoes.
- Measure at night
Compared to during the day, the feet swell at night, as throughout the day, the feet expand. This is why it is recommended to measure the feet at night for better accuracy and fitting size.
- Grabbing all the measuring materials
You will need a piece of paper, a pen, and a measuring stick or tape for measuring. Find the flattest spot to do the measuring, and if you wear thick socks, it is better to put one on before measuring.
- Tracing and measuring the feet
Start tracing your feet standing on the paper. The outline will be measured to get the shoe size. For length, measure the longest toe to the end of the heal. For the width, measure the broadest part of the foot.
- Measure both the feet
Remember to measure both feet. Because, for most people, one foot is slightly longer than the other. Generally, the difference is not very noticeable but, just to be sure, it is best to measure both the feet.
- Review the measurements
Use a size chart to find the right shoe size and whether you need wide shoes. But keep in mind that the fitting for wide shoes is much more than the width of the foot. The length of the foot also determines the shoe’s fit. Also, whether the candidates are men or women, the sizing will be affected.
For instance, if the width is 3.75 inches and the shoe fit comes to size 5, you require wide-fitted shoes. Whereas, if the shoe size is 8, then a medium-width shoe will be more fitting.
The importance of choosing the correct fit shoes
Here are a few benefits of wearing properly fitted shoes:
- Proper support: the right shoe size will give proper support to the arch of the foot. Such a shoe will properly align itself to the natural arch and provide the support it needs during walking or running.
- No biting: when the foot sits snugly inside the shoe, it feels comfortable. Remember to at least leave 1-1.5 cm of space on both ends of the shoe. So, that you can easily slip the feet in.
- Cushioning: the cushioning is provided by the midsole of the shoe. A shoe does not completely reduce the force and pressure on the spine and body, but it does delay the impact time, letting the body adapt.
- Reducing injuries: with proper fitting, the risk of getting foot injuries and problems reduces. When proper support is given to the foot, fewer injuries and blisters are suffered by the ankle, heel, and arch.
The Shimano wide-width cycling shoes have been designed to meet the specific needs of cyclists with wider feet. They are available in a variety of styles and colors that can best suit your individual taste, and they come at an affordable price point. If you’re looking for a way to increase comfort while riding your bike, these shoe options may be just what you need.